Industry › Talent Development › Micki Moore Residency
Micki Moore Residency
Applications are now closed. The selected Writer-in-Residence will be notified in August.
The Micki Moore Residency programme was established to elevate and support women who are outstanding Canadian feature-film screenwriters. Each year, one writer will be provided with the opportunity to work and be mentored in the heart of Toronto’s dynamic downtown district, so they may develop their feature-film screenplay. A jury of leading screen-industry professionals will decide the winner. The Residency began as a five-year initiative in 2018, and is being generously supported by Toronto-based actor, journalist, and author Micki Moore, in response to TIFF’s Share Her Journey campaign.
- A 10-week, feature-film screenwriting residency at TIFF Bell Lightbox from September to November 2022
- A $3,000 stipend, paid in instalments
- Mentorship from TIFF’s programming teams and expert guests
- Complimentary access to the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival
- Complimentary access to the Festival Industry Conference, Business Centre, and Delegate Resources
- Access to year-round Industry events during the period of the Residency
- Access to films screened at TIFF Bell Lightbox during the Residency
- Access to TIFF’s renowned Film Reference Library and archival collection
- A live read-through or table-read workshop of the screenwriter’s feature screenplay, in front of a select industry audience, at the end of the Residency