The Review/Short Read/
TIFF 6ix: Essential Links for the Week of May 22, 2016
TIFF 6IX: Rocky Horror Picture Show Edition
1) A teaser trailer for the Laverne Cox-led remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show has finally landed. Hollywood’s history of nailing remakes is spotty, but Laverne Cox is flawless so there’s no need to fear failure.
2) Long standing ovations and loud booing at Cannes might not actually mean as much as we think. It’s just a Cannes quirk, you guys. You can stop timing the applause now.
3) Author, director, mystic and philosopher Alejandro Jodorowsky has a list of 82 commandments for leading a good life. "Organize what you have disorganized." So basically this list applies to everyone, not just filmmakers.
4) Ennio Morricone is the cat-hating uncle you never knew you wanted. In this short interview with The Guardian, the Oscar-winning composer reveals a few snippets about his life. For instance: “Everyone has to die. I’m not particularly scared about it. What really frightens me is that if I go before my wife, I will leave her alone, and vice versa. The ideal would be to die together.”
5) Chloë Sevigny is enlightening, funny and awesome even when she's talking about something as difficult as the inherent creepiness of the industry. Can the hashtag #PutChloeinAllTheThings start trending already?
6) The Undefeated just put together a profile and interview with Nate Moore, the man tasked with "injecting prominent black characters" into the Marvel cinematic universe. He talks about both what he's achieved so far, and why it matters: “Giving people of all ethnicities and all races images of other ethnicities and races that are positive and heroic moves the needle.”